Draft these 5 Fantasy Football Players for Week 9
With half of the NFL season behind us, things are really starting to heat up on the field. Some teams are jockeying for playoff positioning while others are already beginning to look toward next season.
And of course, there are millions of fantasy football players hoping for a big win this Sunday.
Just the same as every week, some players are primed to put up big numbers while others are fighting an uphill battle.
Here are five players for week 9 that are worth learning more about. There is no way of saying how they will perform on Sunday, but the odds are stacked in their favor:
- Jay Cutler, Quarterback, Chicago Bears. Although the Bears are struggling and Cutler missed a few weeks with an injury, he is beginning to pick up his game. This week, Cutler and company face off against the Chargers. Look for the quarterback to have a big game while the Bears attempt to stay in the playoff discussion.
- Jameis Winston, Quarterback, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Giants defense got torched by Drew Brees last week. Winston may not put up the same type of numbers, but there is a good chance he outperforms a large portion of the quarterback pool in week 9.
- Eddie Lacy, Running Back, Green Bay Packers. Facing the Carolina Panthers, a team with a struggling run defense, Lacy is ready for a breakout game. This could be the week that he shows fantasy owners what’s to come during the second half of the season.
- Emmanuel Sanders, Wide Receiver, Denver Broncos. The Indianapolis Colts have been anything but stellar on the defensive side of the ball. Sanders is coming off a week in which he underperformed, so look for big things out of him against the Colts.
- Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver, St. Louis Rams. It looks like the Rams have finally figured out how to use Austin as a playmaker. He’s going to get plenty of chances through the air, on the ground, and in special teams. The Vikings will try to slow him down, but let’s remember this: Austin is always the fastest man on the football field.
Who else do you have your eyes on during Week 9?